Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
CHAPMAN, KS 67431
CHAPMAN VALLEY MANOR
JOB TITLE: Charge Nurse
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
Provides general nursing care to residents in long term care facility in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Duties are determined by the facility and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Explains procedures and treatments to resident to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
- Monitors temperature, pulse, blood pressure and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident.
- Responds to resident situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned residents.
- Follows the resident care plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by Physician and/ or nursing home policy standards including resident and family instruction.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities
Directly supervises CNAs and CMAs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certified by State of Kansas
- Language skills- read analyze, write, present information.
- Reasoning skills
- Computer skills
Other Qualifications: Must have the desire to work with convalescent, geriatric or light psychiatric residents. Will assure that the resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints, are well established and maintained at all times. Must maintain confidentiality of resident and facility information.
This position carries risk for blood borne pathogen (BBP) exposure. Must practice appropriate engineering and work practice controls, including standard precautions and hand hygiene. Must use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Hepatitis B vaccine is recommended.