Environmental Technician I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kansas City, KS 66101
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Environmental Technician to join our Building and Construction team in Kansas City, KS.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Environmental Technician will support the Building and Construction business by performing general environmental tasks in the field. Applicants must be willing to work off hours, weekends, and possible overtime hours in order to meet the aggressive schedules of the projects.
- This position will be primarily involved with asbestos surveys, asbestos air monitoring, and Lead paint sampling and surveys.
- Organizing and maintaining various projects
- Interaction with corporate personnel and clients
- Performing equipment calibration
- Preparing samples
- Report generation
- Associates or Bachelor?s degree in Environmental or other Science preferred (but not required)
- Prior experience preferred, but not required
- Asbestos and/or Lead license/certification preferred, but not required. PSI will provide the necessary training and certifications.
- Must be able to work, manage tasks, and schedule independently
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world?s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO