Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Salina, KS 67401
Smoky Hill, LLC has an IMMEDIATE OPENING for Pipe Layers for our heavy construction projects in Central and Western Kansas.
• Set laser, string lines, etc. to establish pipe grades from information furnished by plans or stakes
• Make and check joint connections, pipe flow lines, grades and alignments
• Identify drainage problems and correct as required
• Know, practice, and teach safety procedures, must be the competent person for excavations and trench safety
• Set manhole and precast structures, must be the competent person for confined spaces • Test pipe systems and manholes
• Direct and assist construction workers to help with piping and manhole installation, clean up, preparations, etc.
• Direct construction workers to make joints and connect existing facilities