Physical Therapy Assistant- Licensed
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66212
Duties include but not limited to:
1. Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
2. Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain.
3. Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as preambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities. 4. Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients’ responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
5. Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
6. Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
7. Gives orientation to new Physical Therapists Assistants and directs and gives instructions to Physical Therapy Aides.
8. Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
9. Measures patient’s range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations. 10. Perform other duties as required.
11. Must read and understand and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
12. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Values statements.
QUALIFICATIONS Qualifications:Must be a graduate of an accredited school of physical therapy
* One or more years of experience preferred.
* Must be licensed as a physical therapy assistant in accordance with state regulations
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
For more details see online:URL