Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chanute, KS 66720
The Shipper will work under limited supervision to correctly route all shipments to customers for on time delivery, assure accurate finished goods inventory, and maintain all shipping documentation and computer data files.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete work in such a manner as to promote a safe working environment and promote good housekeeping
• Prepare shipping documents (labels, pick tickets, bills of lading, and export documents) for all outgoing shipments
• Arrange trucks for shipments and assist in choosing which trucking company to use in accordance with any customer preferences (e.g. USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)
• Track shipments via Pro Number or Trailer Number to obtain proof of delivery as necessary
• Work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics, with a busy dispatch department.
• Perform administrative duties such as answering phones, updating records, maintaining organized shipping records, and providing excellent customer service.
• Maintain the UPS computer system, FedEx Ground and daily closing
• Resolve shipping problems that may arise
• Act as liaison between shipping and customer service
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed
Experience and Education Required
• High School Diploma / GED
• Strong computer skills including experience web-based logistics portals, Microsoft Excel, and email.
• One to two years’ experience working in warehouse setting preferred
• Knowledge of freight and sea shipping regulations and practices, warehouse organization, and shipping documentation is highly preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving
• Ability to analyze information to identify potential problems / discrepancies
• Capable of lifting all products manufactured by the Chanute Works, with or without assistance.
• Able to make written & mental mathematical calculations, read and use measuring instruments.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must have valid driver’s license and ability/fitness to drive commercial motor vehicles.
HBD Industries, Inc. (www.hbdindustries.com) is a privately held diversified manufacturing company providing industrial products, services, and solutions through six strategic business groups including: Industrial Rubber Products; Motors and Gearing; Ventilation and Air Handling; Magnetic Materials Handling; Tungsten Carbide Preforms; and Closed Die Forgings.