Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lakewood, CO 80235
Address Canvassing —
First operations of the Census in the Fall of 2019
House Address Canvassing conducted in selected areas through files and aerial imagery.
The Address Canvasser will
Conduct their work using Census issued laptops or tablets.
Follow maps on the device and insure addresses match the map the Census has.
Add, delete or correct addresses.
Screen resident for proper addresses
Day Time Work (no listing at night)
Follow procedures to conduct accurate work while maintaining acceptable production rates.
Maintain/submit records of hours worked, miles driven, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
Meet/talk with supervisor, as necessary, review procedures, report issues or concerns, and receive instructions.
Temporary 4-8 weeks.
Peak Operations after April 2020
• Use automated devices (e.g. smartphones or laptop computers) to conduct job activities.
• Review assigned work to locate households for verifying addresses and/or conducting interviews.
• Conduct interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws.
• Explain the purpose of the census interview, answer respondent’s questions, collect information following a script, and record census data using devices and/or paper forms.
• Update address lists and maps.
• Validate address and map updates for quality purposes.
• Follow procedures to conduct accurate work while maintaining acceptable production rates.
• Maintain and submit records of hours worked, miles driven, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
• Meet/talk with supervisor, as necessary, to review procedures, report issues or concerns, and receive additional instructions
Temporary 4-8 weeks.
Conditions of Employment
• U.S. citizen and be 18 years or older to be hired.
• Suitability/Background Investigation for Federal employment.
• Registered for Selective Service if applicable – Males only. (www.sss.gov)