Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Parsons, KS 67357
Production Supervisor is an individual who plans, coordinates, organizes, and controls production in his department. The Production Supervisor is responsible for efficient production- producing cabinets on time, within quality specifications, ensuring safe work practices, cultivating a continuous improvement culture, and managing costs to meet the demands of the customer.
Principle Functional Responsibilities
· Planning, scheduling, and effective management of production lines
· Ensuring on-time production of products that meet high quality standards
· Enforce quality control programs
· Ensuring maintenance of cost effective and high-standard production
· Monitoring production practices and setting the schedules as required
· Working out material, equipment, and human resources as needed.
· Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
· Working with managers effectively to execute the policies and goals of the company
· Ensuring high safety standards
· Liaising with different department managers to prevent any probable delay
· Supervising and inspiring employees
· Reviewing work performance
· Organizing relevant training sessions
Essential Qualifications and Skills
· High School diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· 5 years of Production Supervisor, organizational and people management experience
· 5 Years of Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing experience
· Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Strong leadership, judgment, problem solving, interpersonal, and team building skills
· Proficient in speaking, presenting, and training small and large groups
· Demonstrated ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, and independence
· Demonstrated successful capability to resolve conflict over sensitive or complex issues
· Ability to grasp complex concepts and operate in a systematic and logical manner
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, facilitate, and participate as a member of a cross functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize departmental workloads
· Demonstrated ability to represent the best interest of the company while treating employees with respect and honesty.