Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67219
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Applies advanced technical knowledge to design, purchase, install, program and troubleshoot electrical, electronic and computerized control systems in the Dold Foods plant.
Possess a two (2) year engineering technology degree or equivalent experience. 1st or 3rd Shift Available schedules.
With limited supervision the E-Tech monitors, designs and troubleshoots assigned electronic, electrical and mechanical control systems and other equipment for correct operation and initiates corrective action as necessary to limit down time to the absolute minimum.
1. Designs, purchases and implements control systems. (25%)
Under minimal supervision designs and implements electronic based control systems utilizing programmable logic controllers (PLCs), variable frequency drives (VFDs), personal computers and manufacturer’s design software.
2. Work with electrical personnel on installations or maintenance of equipment when requiring expertise in electronics or control systems to ensure equipment functions as required. (20%)
Will use their expertise to ensure that new or existing equipment control systems are properly functioning and maintained. This may be accomplished by directly working with other personnel or by documentation.
3. Provides support for plant metal detection, scales, and IT (Information Technology) systems as required. (20%)
Will use their expertise to ensure plant metal detection, product scales and IT systems are properly functioning and maintained.
4. Responds promptly to all equipment breakdowns and assists in corrective procedures. (15%)
Will assist mechanical personnel with breakdowns when technical advice is needed to get the equipment back operating as soon as possible.
5. Maintains accurate records of electrical equipment. (10%)
Will document changes and information on electric schematics and breaker panel sheets, make backup copies of PLC programs and PC applications along with the inventory of electronic parts as needed.