Business Development Director
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Shawnee, KS 66217
Founded in 1984, Special Product Company (SPC) manufactures a full line of outdoor and indoor electronic equipment and fiber optic enclosures for communications, transit, utility and other industries. We are committed to providing the highest quality products, designed to meet the specific needs of our customers and backed by exceptional customer service. We are always on the lookout for A+ talent to join our growing team!
Title: Business Development Director
Position Description: Responsible for establishment, maintenance, and sales growth of SPC products in accordance with the strategic plans of the company. The Business Development role will be responsible for exploration and development of new markets for SPC products.
• Meet or exceed annual sales objectives.
• Represents the company to the customer in a professional and ethical manner with courtesy, tact, and efficiency.
• Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of and sensitivity to the Voice of the Customer, including business issues, trends, and problems. Coordinates those to the organization across all functions, including operations, engineering, product line management, customer service, and quality control.
• Develop and leverage key relationships at appropriate levels of customer’s organization. Demonstrate thorough understanding of the commercial aspects and operations of the assigned customer’s business, product selection.
• Provide assistance and/or escalation of customer needs, problems, or channel conflicts.
• As directed, assists in appropriate customer pricing, terms, and contract negotiations.
• Proactively gather, monitor and communicate competitive moves within the marketplace.
• Demonstrate technical competence of representative products.
Measures of Performance:
• Customer satisfaction, profitable growth, and retention.
• Perform duties in an ethical manner.
• Operate territory within assigned expense budget and profitability targets.
• Demonstrates appropriate selling skills, including but not limited to prospecting, probing, consulting, dealing with objections, oral and written presentations, funnel management, closing, and negotiating.
• Forecasting, budgeting and reporting.
• On time completion of reporting tasks and assigned projects
• Become subject matter expert on our business, products, operations, and remain up to date on industry news.
• Collaborate with design and production teams to ensure contracted product/services specifications are executed on time and as agreed with the customer.
• Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience: 8+ years of telecom sales experience preferred; demonstrated relationships with targeted accounts.
• Proficient with basic computer skills, i.e., Windows, Office, eDrawings, and Outlook (latest versions).
• Frequent travel required. i.e., 8-12 days per month. Occasional weekend travel and extended duration, 4+ days, possible.
Job Classification: Salaried, exempt
PLEASE NO RECRUITER PHONE CALLS