Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Manages local scheduling and real-time operations to maximize resources (human and automated), achieving customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees daily activities of production operations to maximize scheduling and real-time utilization of resources; analyzes and recommends part-time, flexible and full-time employee mix for the site.
- Ensures smooth coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; provides input on conditions, identifies needs and receives direction on real-time staffing increases or decreases.
- Ensures employee and job schedule adherence, notifying and escalating issues within the site, as warranted.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed; escalates and directs activities during systems problems, disasters, etc.; identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, escalates issues to local and network management, and participates in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements.
- Reviews ongoing performance results to targets. Takes corrective measures as needed.
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process as appropriate.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a positive attitude and a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of the companies to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas of endeavor.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully formed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
- Maintains a qualified staff.
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned
- Determines standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel assigned.
- Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- Ensures proper training of personnel assigned.
Identifies Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Coaches and oversees training of employees to meet KPIs, and reports on KPIs to leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to company, industry, federal and state safety standards to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Completes incident reports.
- Works closely with Quality for AS9100 requirements and customer needs.
- Develops individuals for future advancement.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Collaboration Skills/Leadership.
This position manages all in Operations and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring of the employees within its department.
This job operates primarily in the shop environment, and in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and manufacturing sites can be loud. Requires wearing appropriate PPE in certain areas of the workplace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Core Hours/Days of Work
Expected core hours of work are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although occasional out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Previous Operations Management experience (5-7 years), including scheduling and real-time operations management.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in business administration, industrial engineering or related field.
- Working knowledge of machining and industry operations.
- Six Sigma.
- Lean Manufacturing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Relevant training certifications in industry topics helpful.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must meet EAR/ITAR requirements.
Our organization provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our companies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.