Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Manhattan, KS 66502
About This Role:
The Integrated Genomics Facility (https://www.k-state.edu/igenomics/) in the Department of Plant Pathology is searching for a Research Technician with experience in molecular biology techniques. The successful candidate will provide next-generation DNA sequencing service to facility clients, maintain records of experiments conducted, place orders for chemicals and other laboratory supplies as needed to maintain stocks. The candidate will provide assistance to first-time users of Genomics Facility equipment and software and help with organization and teaching of workshops sponsored by the Genomics Facility. After an initial training period develop the relevant skills in the techniques involved. Attend and participate in meetings associated with the work of the facility. Possess a working knowledge of safety standards for chemical and biological laboratories. Create an environment that fosters diversity, collegiality and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University’s dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma
- BS or MS degree in biology, molecular biology, genetics or related field
- Experience with general molecular biology techniques (RNA and DNA isolation, quantification and quality assessment, PCR, reverse transcription, Real Time PCR, DNA sequencing)
- Experience with Next Generation DNA sequencing and sample preparation
- Strong communication skills
- High capacity for effective organization of time and activities. Capacity for effective work both as a member of a team and independently under limited supervision
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
2. Cover letter addressing qualifications for this position
3. Contact information of three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by July 10, 2019.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$27,460 – 34,000. The minimum salary for this position is $27,460. Salary will be determined based on the candidate’s experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. _ _
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670010110 Plant Pathology
Job no: 506970
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Plant Sciences
Pay Grade: 04B
Advertised: 11 Jun 2019 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled