Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, Oracle Utilities / Opo
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you dream of designing products that have a positive impact on aglobal scale? Are you a well-rounded designer looking to join a high-performingDesign team where your impact will be felt immediately? At*O**racle Utilities/Opower*,we know that by engaging utilities customers about their energy use, we canhelp them lower their bills and reduce energy usage. We are passionate abouthelping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
We are hiring an experienced UX designer with a strong process andrelevant background to take part in interdisciplinary projects and bringhis/her own unique talents to our design team dynamic. As a*Senior UX Designer*,you ll work with multiple product teams to create new products and featuresthat reach energy customers via paper, email, and the mobile web. We re a smallteam, and you will contribute to the success and vision of our growing productsuite, reaching millions of people across the globe.
A portfolio is required.
Show us projects that demonstrate your enthusiasm for solving complexproblems that meet the needs of the customer while supporting clearlyidentified business objectives. We want to see user-friendly product designsthat showcase your process and creativity for solving interesting challengesand drive value for customers and clients alike.
To learn more about us, please visit our UX team site:https://ux.opower.com/
If making a positive impact on the world is important to you, and youidentify with the below qualities, we d love to speak with you.
What You ll Make Happen:
- Get up to speed on Oracle Utilities Opower products and behavioral science fundamentals
- Lead complex, multidisciplinaryprojects from start to finish
- Present your work to internal andclient stakeholders
- Establish functional collaboration withfellow designers, product teams and development
- Conduct user research to support yourdesign process
- Provide ongoing support to PMs andengineers during development project rollouts
- Contribute to Oracle s Design culturewith your own unique talents, and grow your career down a path that s right foryou
YouGet Excited By:
- The importance of practicinguser-centered design.
- Working with Researchers, ContentStrategists and Developers to design and prototype and deliver holistic userjourneys spanning paper, email, mobile and web.
- Designing for the underserved: you loveaccessible and responsive technologies that meet the needs of consumers andprofessionals alike.
- Process, frameworks, and a challenge towrestle with.
- Teaching, as well as learning, to thesuccess of the whole team.
- BA/BS in a design-oriented discipline(or equivalent work experience)
- 5 years relevant design experience,working with a UX team
- A passion for working within ahigh-performing design team
- A portfolio of well-designed,user-centered projects
Position Location: Open to considering qualified candidates based in any US-location. Prefer candidates based in San Francisco, CAor Arlington, VA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~end of relevant details
Job: Product Development
Title: Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, Oracle Utilities / Opower
Location: CA,California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 19000D8D
Other Locations: United States, US-VA,Virginia-Arlington