Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
The Steward is responsible for ensuring the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times. The Kitchen Steward will maintain a high standard of cleanliness according to the food service sanitation codes. The Kitchen Steward, upon demonstrating job performance excellence, will be considered for numerous growth opportunities. Focus on departmental goals of – Consistency, Quality and Sense of Urgency.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all- inclusive:
1. Be punctual to pre-shift meeting with a positive attitude and openly participate.
2. Consistently provide Hometown Hospitality and deliver Fun, as well as live the core values of Fun, Friendly and Community.
3. Comply with department standards, guidelines and objectives to include adherence to all Food Service and Sanitation, OSHA, and Hazcom standards and guidelines.
4. Wash hands frequently.
5. Must pass Food Service Sanitation course and rigorously practice safe food handling.
6. Clean as you go, clean spills immediately, practice safe knife handling.
7. Use chemicals as prescribed and responsibly. Ensure that all chemicals are in properly labeled containers.
8. Maintain floor cleanliness, ALWAYS use “wet floor” safety signage when floors are being cleaned or wet.
9. Remove trash and waste, clean trash can and replenish with liners as needed. Ensure items being disposed of are appropriate. Report all breakage.
10. Operate dish machine and complete daily maintenance.
11. Assist the Sous Chef in putting supplies away and adhere to the 5S Principles of ensuring that items are Sorted, Set in order, Systematically cleaned, Standardize and Sustained and dating all items with the current date.
12. Update Daily Management Systems board to include daily check lists for position and adhere to kitchen setup roadmaps.
13. Conduct him/her in a gracious, kind and warm manner that creates a sense of fondness, as well as professional, courteous and responsive manner, which reflects positively on the company and its core values of Fun, Family and Community.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
Must have ability to:
• Accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs.
• Interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
• Wear plastic or latex gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
• Work in kitchen setting where temperatures varies, hot and humid conditions.
• Be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. High school diploma or equivalent required. Ability to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend technical procedures, government regulations, business periodicals, instructions, and correspondence/memos; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Attention to detail and accuracy. Maintain confidential information.
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the casino.
• Obtain required license(s).
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
• Consult with the appropriate individuals and maintain an effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with the state regulations and Systems of Internal Controls.
• Take the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
• Report any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of