Crew Lead - Hanging End - 2nd Shift - R5536
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Salina, KS 67401
1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67401-2403
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Galvanizing Crew leader position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist in the coordination of equipment use, material, and human resources to gain maximum productivity from either the hot or cold end crews. Additionally, you will…
- Monitor galvanizing crews to ensure safe working habits and high quality finished products
- Display a high degree of personal efficiency in achieving employee, department, and company goals
- Operate the crane in a safe and effective manner in the absence of the crane operator
- Ensure accurate piece counts, part identification, and labor input
- Monitor and record the quantity of work completed by crew on inventory control tally sheet
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience in a galvanizing environment
- The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- One year of previous experience with overhead crane operations
- One year of previous experience operating a forklift
- One year of previous experience in a supervisory or management position
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to recognize hazardous substances and to know basic employee responsibilities for chemical safety
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.