Registered Nurse - SNF
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Ellinwood, KS 67526
Woodhaven Care Center is a beautiful community in Ellinwood, KS, with more than 50 units offering skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures proper resident care is maintained in a clean and safe environment.
- Develop and ensure the nursing care plan and collaborate with physicians, therapists, and nursing assistants
- Contributes to assessments (MDS/RAP’s) and the development of a plan of care
- Makes nursing diagnoses, which serve as the basis for the strategy of care
- Collaborates with the resident, members of the healthcare team
- Records the administration of medication
- Monitor assigned staff to ensure established safety regulations are followed and that all tasks are performed following all state and government regulations and safety procedures as outlined by the facility
- Follows procedures related to the use of nursing equipment and supplies
- Performs other duties as directed
- An active RN license
- CPR certification strongly desired.
- Prior experience as an RN in a nursing community.
- The desire to care for residents and act with integrity
- The ability to work flexible hours
Overnight*About Five Star*
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents’ independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, “Connections” our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.