Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT Full-time Nights Sign-o
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Independence, MO 64050
Centerpoint Medical Center-Independence, MO
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Sign-on Bonus for qualified applicants*****
Centerpoint Medical Center features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center is currently looking for a Respiratory Therapist.
- Under the general direction of the Director/Supervisor or designee, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician.
- Duties include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy.
- Additional responsibilities include completing patient documentation in the patient and departmental records, to include all computerized documentation.
- Cleaning equipment and maintaining safety and infection control practices.
- On-call requirements as well as weekend commitments.
- Accepting other job responsibilities as deemed reasonable by the Director/Supervisor or designee.
- The Employee provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- Graduate from a Respiratory Therapy Program
- Credentialed by National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as RRT required.
- Licensed respiratory practitioner with the State of Missouri.
- BCLS required.
- One year experience as a Respiratory Therapist, or on-site clinical experience preferred.
Job: Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT Full-time Nights Sign-on Bonus
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-56933