Innovation Program Strategist, Communication & Strategy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
WHAT WE DO:
Xlab = Experience Lab
Xlab s mission is to reinvent howSolution Engineers present and demonstrate across all pillars. Our goal is toshowcase how Oracle can Deliver Tomorrow, Today and be the innovative partnerof choice for companies looking to transform their business.
We leverage a blueprint for successthat starts with a differentiated Oracle message and leverages emergingtechnologies to build cross-pillar NextGen demonstrations with the end resultof delivering a memorable experience for our customers.
Lead internal and external communications and strategy, includingsocial media for all Xlab Innovation Programs managed. Partner with ourStrategic Messaging Services team, Oracle s Social Media team, and Marketingteams on communication, strategy, messaging and content. Responsible forstrategic and motivational messaging to both field teams, executives, andcustomers.Evangelize and foster the culture ofinnovation both externally with our customers (to ADOPT) as well as internallywithin Oracle (to SELL). Partner with field sales teams to identify gaps incommunication internally and externally to drive scale within our Innovation Programs.
As an Innovation Program Strategist, focused on communication andstrategy, you can expect your roleto typicallyinvolve some or all of the following:
- Establish, own, and maintain innovation program-specific communications strategy in conjunction withgreaterXlabs team and North America Shared Services Organization
- Ensure innovation program initiatives and projectsare successfully communicatedto employees and stakeholders
- Utilize social media to drive internal and external hype and buzz around all innovation programs
- Deliver presentations at Oracle events
- Ensure internal communication messages and strategy are consistent with external communication
- Respond to feedback from thesalesteam, presales team, and customers, and adjust communications content and program strategy accordingly
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication
- Provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying our innovation programs to client business challenges
- Create re-useable assets to help speed up future innovation programs
- Look for opportunities to optimize processes and frameworks for delivering Innovation Programs to increase productivity and reduce time to market by:
o Develop best practices in strategic messaging and communication programs
o Refine/re-define processes to better suit the supply chain of innovation programs
o Drive adoption of framework leveraging strategic communication
- Understand customer s business and technology challenges on a strategic as well as operational level to deliver customer-specific communication and strategies
- Lead and own engagement-planning and program-planning activities
- Develop and deliver outstanding Oracle presentations regarding all innovation programs
>Createnew industry-focused solution innovations around communication and strategy
- Convey the business value of Oracle solutions to meet customer needs
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
>A passion for learningand leadership in executive communications and innovation >Exceptionalwriting skills: You need excellent writing, editing,andproofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability tosource stories from employees and customers, motivate others, whether it be inthe team or higher up within the organization >Able to shift directions quicklywhen priorities change and anticipate problems to create innovative solutionsand deliver against very tight deadlines >Ability to work effectively andmanage partnerships with all areas and members of the business as well as alllevels of the organization >Thought leadership, curiosity ofbusiness process and drive to keep pace with the new and emerging trends,technologies, and innovations >Excellent analytical, criticalthinking, problem-solving and prioritization skills, strong situationalanalysis, negotiation and decision-making abilities, and presentation skills >Excellent spoken and writtencommunication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to presentcomplex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technicalstakeholders >Comfortabilitywith ambiguity; be a self-starter, able to thrivein both independent and team environments >3-5 yearsprevious communications, marketing, pre-sales experience ideally at large,global technology companies >A history ofcommunication and influencing diverse leaders in multiple departments includingMarketing, Sales, Service, Presales, IT, and Operations
- Experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large organization
- Experience writing for a variety of different audiences
- General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial
- Prior management of complex projects and advising senior managers
- A BAin journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, business
- MBA preferred
- Travel: 20-40%
Job: Pre Sales
Title: Innovation Program Strategist, Communication & Strategy
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 19000ANA