Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Junction City, KS 66441
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Transportation Officer Please apply at www.HRePartners.com
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: $10.00/hr.
Reports To: Unit Supervisor
Department: Community Corrections Date: May, 2015
The job duties of the Transportation Officer include but are not limited to provide secure transportation of offenders assigned to the 8th Judicial District Community Corrections programs to appropriate treatment and placements including inpatient treatment, foster care, emergency shelters, detention or attendant care; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Transportation Officer might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Transportation Officer. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
• Ability to be available for transports as needed mainly between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to follow driving directions and provide safe transportation.
• Ability to complete agency required transport logs and appropriate paperwork.
• Ability to purchase (for reimbursement) approved meals for clients during transport.
• Ability to communicate with people of varying backgrounds and ages.
• Perform related work as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• 21 years of age or older.
• A valid Kansas driver’s license required.
• Must pass criminal background check, including Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check, Adult Abuse check and motor vehicle license screen.
• Complete an alcohol/drug screen.
• Must reside within a 30 mile radius of worksite within 90 days of employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
• Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
• Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local ordinances, procedure manuals, MSDS sheets, safety manuals; and warning labels.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to use GPS and GIS data or street maps relating to roads, etc.
• Other equipment could be required.
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
• Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
• Ability to communicate and convey information regarding policies and processes to others in both written and verbal form.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
• Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
• Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 50 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather when required.
• Works in a community and law enforcement setting.
• Nature of the work may place employee in varying levels of stressful situations.
• Possible physical danger exists occasionally as employee works with youth and their family in crisis situations.
• Must be able to work a flexible assigned shift.
__________ __________________________ __________
Department Head Date Human Resources Director Date
I have reviewed the Job Description for the position of Transportation Officer as well as the list of expectations for 8th Judicial District Community Corrections employees. I understand the position requirements described and agree to uphold the requirements to the best of my ability. Any questions I may have in relation to the work required of the position shall be brought to the attention of my supervisor.
Employee Signature Date