ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chanute, KS 66720
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
Reports to: Head Athletic Trainer
Classification: Professional Employee
Pay Status: Salary Schedule
Benefits: Per PEA Negotiated Agreement
This position reports to the Head Athletic Trainer and is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Trainer with prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of injures as part of the Neosho County Community College sports medicine program. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Provide premiere quality service to all constituencies of the College.
2. Engage in continuous quality improvement and professional development.
1. Assist Head Athletic Trainer in providing an overall sports medicine program for Neosho County Community College including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, and educational programs;
2. Provide athletic training services for the athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices, and home and away competitions as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer;
3. Assist with physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete;
4. Work with the Head Athletic Trainer to recruit and supervise athletic training students.
5. Regularly track the medical inventory and maintain the necessary athletic training room supplies;
6. Maintain the Athletic Training Room in an orderly and sanitary state;
7. Maintain accurate files on each student-athlete;
8. Assist Head Athletic Trainer with the filing of insurance claims for athletic injures and assist parents and athletes with filing the claims;
9. In conjunction with the Head Athletic Trainer, teach ten (10) hours of athletic training classes during the school year;
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and Athletic Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal skills.
2. Excellent organizational skills.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification.
• Current state licensure or ability to obtain licensure upon selection with Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
• First Aid/CPR certified.
• Preferred professional experience as clinical staff, graduate assistant, or other athletic trainer at high school, community college, or 4-year institution.
1. Normal office working environment.
2. Ability to sit in an office chair for long periods while operating a personal computer is required.
3. The employee is required to walk extensively, sit, stand, talk and hear.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
5. Travel will be required.
6. Ability to occasionally lift and transport items weighing up to 100 pounds is required.
7. Weekends will be required as well as some flexibility in early or late hours.
8. Ability to drive up to 12 passenger van.
9. Must have valid driver’s license and be able to drive school vehicles per board policy.
Please submit a letter of application, resume with names and phones numbers of five references unofficial transcripts, and employment application to:
Human Resources Director, Assistant Athletic Trainer, Neosho County Community College, 800 West 14th Street, Chanute, KS 66720 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment application available at www.neosho.edu/careers.
Review of applications begins upon receipt.
NCCC is an EOE/AA employer
The current non-discrimination policy can be found at: