Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Saint Paul, KS 66771
The cook’s primary purpose is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable Federal, State and Local standards, guidelines and regulations, as well as in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the facility. The cook assures that quality food service is provided at all times to the residents of the facility.
Food Service Supervisor
Primary Job Duties:
1. Review menus prior to preparation of food and ensures that menu items are ready and available.
2. Prepares meal in accordance with planned menus and ensures meals are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
3. Prepares food for therapeutic diets and special diets as directed. Follows portion control procedures, standardized recipes and special diet orders.
4. Prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as facility-established policies and procedures. Assists with daily and scheduled cleaning duties.
5. Follows safety regulations at all times and follows established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures.
6. Assists in maintaining food storage areas, food preparation areas and other kitchen areas in a clean and properly arranged manner.
7. Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
8. Assists in inventorying and storing incoming food, supplies, etc. as necessary.
9. Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information.
10. Works with facility dietitian as necessary and implements recommended changes as directed by the supervisor.
11. Assists in establishing food service production line to assure that meals are prepared and delivered on time.
12. Maintains good working relationship with food service department staff as well as other department staff within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
13. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and calmness throughout the department.
14. Attends and participates in workshops, seminars, and in-services as directed.
15. Assists in the service of meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
16. Will be trained in dish washing and dietary aide positions to.assist as necessary.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
1. Must have at lease one (1) year food service preparation experience. Health care facility experience preferred.
2. Must have sufficient reading ability to correctly follow menus and diet orders. Prefer high school diploma, or equivalent.
1. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
2. Must deal politely and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, public, government officials, etc.
3. Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures, as well as related laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to facility food service operations.
4. Must be willing to work harmoniously with and give instructions to other food service staff.
5. Must be able to plan and organize schedule to accomplish optimal level of tasks during the workday.
6. Must maintain proper care of equipment and supplies.
7. Must attend required training and education sessions offered by the facility.
1. Must be able to work effectively in stressful situations.
2. Is subject to warm conditions when cooking and cool/cold conditions when entering freezer areas or other refrigeration areas.
3. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves throughout kitchen during the workday.
4. Risks include falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the workday.
5. May be required to work after regular work hours, on holidays and weekends.
6. May be required to work on shifts other than the one initially hired for.
Equipment Used: Food Processor, ovens, knives, can opener, steamer, coffee maker, microwave and various other commercial and household equipment.
Efforts have been made to develop a complete job description; however, please be aware that the duties and requirements listed herein are not the only duties, which you may be required to perform. The omissions of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from being assigned to you if the work is similar, related, a logical assignment to the position, or is necessary in an emergency situation.