Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Position requires an individual to have supervisory skills, customer service skills, positive attitude, knowledge of food preparation, oversee all areas in preparing location and area for day to day operation, responsible for accurate accounting and all transactions and assist with location inventory controls.
- Supervise multiple locations, non-profit groups and employees.
- Ensure high level of customer service with a high standard of quality and cleanliness.
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Assign tasks to cashiers as necessary.
- Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
- Follow and enforce rules and regulations of SMG Savor, and alcohol policies.
- Take initiative to deliver the highest levels of customer service and food quality to every guest.
- Perform checklist and give direct feedback to Concession Manager.
- Ensures proper opening and closing of stand.
- Ensures inventory counts are accurate before, during and after events, accountable for the area that is assigned each event.
- Ensures stand employees are abiding by all policies and procedures.
- Willingness to perform additional tasks such as cooking, cleaning, working portables and concession stand when needed.
- Reports to Concessions Manager in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Lead team or teams working in concession stands either portable or on the floor.
- Accurately verify all cash and inventory.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to the beverage operations and to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Ensure any guest request for alcohol requires a request for proper identification.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Previous management responsibilities.
- Experience within food and beverage.
- Ability to ensure each person on team delivers a high level of customer service with high standards for quality and cleanliness.
- Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Food Handler’s Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Previous management experience within food and beverage industry, preferred.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. A good attitude and a smiling face required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers and all levels of staff.
- Must be able to pass background/credit check.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Cash register operation.
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Data entry of inventory.
- Ability to lead team or teams as required.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
This position requires stooping and lifting up to 40 lbs, substantial standing and walking.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled