Electrical UM (23&25)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Electrical in Wichita, KS
This role will gain valuable engineering experience in the area of design requirements including capture, design, validation, troubleshooting, and certification of aircraft avionic and electrical systems. Working with managers and key players in Engineering, Candidates will assist in the development and evaluation of crucial systems on Aviation Products. Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and electrical system interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (CATIA/CCD and/or IAI HarnesSys). Utilize electronic test equipment to verify avionics and electrical systems meet design requirements, and/or for system troubleshooting in the lab and on aircraft. Prepare engineering trade studies, functional test procedures, certification plans, ground and flight test plans, certification reports, and other engineering documents. Write technical descriptions of subject matter pertinent to design or test requirements. Includes descriptions of supplier parts, test or rigging specifications, etc. Assist with the evaluation and analysis of avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
• DER/UM-related duties missing; ensuring that the proposed design is certifiable, coordinating with the FAA, resolution of certification issues, determination of the certification basis, writing the certification plan, witnessing certification testing, find compliance.
• Responsible for successful integration and certification of vendor equipment into Cessna Citation aircraft. Assists in preparation of reports, engineering drawings, reports and other documents. Coordinates with direct and indirect customers and suppliers to determine system requirements and resolve problems.
• Responsible for completing complex development, design, testing and certification assignments for new design or modifications. Develops creative, scientific alternatives during course of job assignments to reach desired outcome.
• Conducts research, calculations, estimates and drafting of projects to conform with established specifications such as capacities, styling, performance and determine status of work in progress. Performs above work utilizing frequent application of in-depth engineering principles.
• Maintain a high degree of proficiency in computer applications to accomplish tasks.
• Consults and coordinates with other engineering and manufacturing personnel to coordinate design function and resolve technical problems. Consults with supplier to discuss and remedy issues in a timelier and efficient manner.
• Requests and coordinates work performed by Engineering support groups, Experimental, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management for the project. Instructs suppliers as to materials, equipment and hardware for utilization on aircraft in accordance with approved specifications.
• Maintains contact with Product Support Engineering and production departments to resolve engineering problems impeding production and to assist in the incorporation of new design concepts and changes.
• Monitors and conducts analyses on first article fabrication and operation to assure adequacy of design.
• Reviews and evaluates supplier proposals for potential utilization on future models.
• Provides guidance to engineers and report writers in the solution of specific, complex design problems, which must be resolved during development and testing.
• Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes. Provides periodic design reviews and update presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations and tools.
• B.S. or advanced degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or related technical degree required
• Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs
• Electrical DER qualifications (FAR 23 or 25).
• Experience with domestic and foreign business and/or general aviation aircraft certification process is required
• Some experience in system assessment using modeling tools such as Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), (Failure Modes and Effect Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), and Fault Trees Analysis (FTA) is desired.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software application and working environment is required.
• The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be able to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas with peers, management, and certification authorities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.