Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Great Bend, KS 67530
Job Title: Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist, Sunflower Early Education Center- Great Bend
Sunflower Early Education Center (EEC) is seeking applications for an Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist to work with children from birth to three years old with developmental disabilities or delays. Sunflower EEC staff provides services to children across Barton, Pawnee, Rice, Stafford and Rush counties. The OT/PT will work as part of a team conducting evaluations, program planning, and caregiver coaching in children’s homes, childcare settings and other community locations.
• Advanced degree from a college or university with an accredited occupational therapy or physical therapy program.
• Current Kansas certificate/license.
• Ability to work comfortably in a variety of positions including seated on the floor
• Pediatric experience with children with developmentally delays.
1. Perform thorough evaluations and develop Individualized Family Service Plans with appropriate goals for children using parent’s input.
2. Educate and demonstrate (verbally or written) therapy techniques to parents that can be incorporated into a home program; assist families in home program facilitation.
3. Attend staff meetings, in-service training, and continuing education courses as appropriate or required.
4. Assess and make recommendations regarding the use of adaptive equipment as needed.
5. Complete appropriate documentation for accountability, billing, and communication with other providers in a timely manner
6. Adhere to the agency safety policies and procedures.
This year-round contract position includes generous benefits with 26-52 paid days off (based on hours per week worked), paid holiday breaks similar to USD #428 calendar, group health insurance plan, paid life-insurance policy, and 403b company match. Full-time or part-time position available. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.