Bus Driver #BD-6 Scammon
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scammon, KS 66773
Transport children from home to destination by most direct route daily, as well as for fieldtrips and special events.
• Transport individuals both within the city limits and from town to town, meet program requirements which may include non-traditional hours
• Obey all traffic regulations, DOT regulations and SEK-CAP vehicle usage policies always
• Obtain a schedule of bus monitor for routes in conjunction with Head Start designee
• Clean and adequately service vehicle daily by checking the vehicle each morning using the required inspection checklist to insure good working order and document results
• Check fire extinguishers monthly to insure they are at full capacity
• Keep all necessary equipment for emergencies on the bus at all times
• Report any malfunctions of the bus to Director of Transportation Services.
• Post a current map of route in the center and mail a copy to the Director of Transportation Services.
• Route map must be updated as changes occur
• Keep emergency bus packets current at all times
• Ensure that monitors are seated in the middle of the vehicle
• Ensure use of seatbelts by everyone before moving the bus
• Distribute communications to passengers and/or parents of passengers
• Unload ALL passengers on the right side of the road; NO ONE should be crossing the road
• Release passengers/child to authorized persons only
• Complete walk through of bus after each route to ensure all children have exited
• Complete mileage sheet daily
• Be a positive role model and interact with the children during all scheduled field trips and bus routes
• Interact with children in ways that facilitate the development of comprehension and expressive language
• Eat meals with children as assigned
• Utilize Positive Behavior Support (PBS) strategies to prevent and defuse disruptive behavior
• Comply with Head Start Performance Standards, Licensing Requirements, and Program Policies
• Respect and support cultural differences and diverse family structures
• Demonstrate good work habits such as arriving on time and adhering to appropriate break times
• Complete paperwork accurately and legibly per established schedule
• Attend mandatory In-Service trainings and staff meetings
• Responsibility to report any suspected abuse or neglect to appropriate authority
• Advocate for SEK-CAP, Inc. in the community
• Maintain and assure confidentiality and privacy of SEK-CAP, Inc. customers
• Uphold and promote the core values and mission statement of SEK-CAP, Inc.
• Support management decisions both in actions and words
• Other duties as assigned