System Safety Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
System Safety Engineer
Performs the evaluation, planning, development andimplementation of manufacturing support systems, system enhancements, methodsand procedures required for system improvements, integration and overall costreductions for the business\. This position will be part of a diverse team ofengineers capable of executing in a fast\-paced environment providingopportunities for conceptual design, detail design, component fabrication andtest of configurations and technologies\.
Responsible for Engineering projects from conception throughplanning, experimental testing, FAA certification and production implementation\.
99. Performs activities as required to accomplish objectives as established in the areas such as systems development, systems enhancements, system modeling and integration\.
99. Recommends establishment of group objectives to improve operational efficiency and ensure Textron Aviation’s competitive edge\.
99. Manages supplier development and qualification efforts
99. Design and development of various mechanical systems and installation ranging from Environmental Control Systems, Flight Controls, and Landing Gear
99. Perform activities associated with the Continued Airworthiness for out\-of\-production aircraft\.
99. Responsible for system design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification\.
99. Support and lead responses to critical root cause and corrective action for production issues or fleet issues related to engineering design\. Cross\-functional coordination, program management status support, and customer interfacing\.
99. Support the development of future product improvements and R&D investment plans\. To include identification of customer requirements, internal assessment within the program, and developing implementation plans
99. Implement engineering changes for spares, obsolete parts and product upgrades of all areas\.
99. Define project scope of work, prepare program schedules and will lead FAA Certification projects, which includes the creation of Certification Plans and other required certification documentation\.
99. Work closely with Customer Support, Supply Chain, Warranty and Suppliers in support of engineering changes to ensure timely and efficient completion of assigned projects\.
99. Draft certification plans, test plans and compliance reports individually or through the engineering functional groups\.
99. Develop and maintain effective two\-way communications both internally and with other departments to assure adequate dissemination of information concerning plans and developments\.
99. Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes\. Provides periodic reviews and update presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations
+ Bachelor’s Degree in:
+ Mechanical Engineering
+ Aerospace Engineering
+ Electrical Engineering
+ Other related field
+ Professional and diplomatic demeanor
+ Strong sense of accountability and integrity
+ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
+ Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects
+ Understanding of 2D & 3D design concepts
+ Working knowledge of generic CAD design tool processes
+ Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office programs
The above statements areintended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed byemployees assigned to this job\. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listof all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel soclassified\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 272393