Bartender - Club
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Position requires an individual to have customer service skills, positive attitude, basic knowledge of bartending and food service. Responsible for accurate accounting and all transactions and assist with location inventory controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
- Accurate pouring and mixing of drinks.
- Check ID when serving alcohol.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ensures proper opening and closing.
- Ensure proper pouring per SAVOR policy.
- Ensures inventory counts are accurate before, during and after events.
- Reports to Club Manager in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Cash and credit transaction experience.
- Accurately verify all cash and liquor inventory.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to the beverage operations and to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Request identification for every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Basic working knowledge of food and beverage.
- Knowledge of bartending.
- Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Food Handler’s Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes
- Ability to pass background/credit check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. A good attitude and a smiling face required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers and all levels of staff.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
This position requires stooping and lifting up to 40 lbs, substantial standing and walking.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled