Mid-Level Transmission Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66219
Mid-Level Transmission Engineer
Date: May 31, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79130
• Work collaboratively on a team environment to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
• Perform cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
• Generate design criteria, reports, design verifications, and clearance tables for PLS-CADD.
• Build and modify pole and tower models for PLS-CADD design.
• Develop construction assembly drawings, material selection, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
• Develop construction specification packages that include drawings, one lines, phasing, and standard installation specifications.
• Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
• Attend external and internal meetings to support processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field
• At least 5-8 years’ experience designing and engineering transmission lines between 69kV and 765kV
• Proficient in PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower
• Knowledge of MFAD, LPILE, and NESC requirements as well as NESC, ASCE, IEEE, and RUS design standards
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. 5-15%).
As one of North America’s largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Wastewater, Engineering