RN - Home Health
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
El Dorado, KS 67042
1. Performs initial and follow-up care to homebound patients, coordinates treatment programs based on evaluative findings and revises nursing care when patient status changes. Administers nursing services as ordered by physician.
2. Participates in departmental activities to promote continuous quality improvement and maintain productivity at budgeted levels.
3. Directs and supervises the application of nursing services by supportive personnel, including Home Health Aides.
4. Ensures the best possible care by communicating with client and or family and meets clients need for courtesy, information, physical care, emotional care, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients undergoing care by Home Health Services.
5. Prepares, submits, and maintains patient records and reports as required by departmental, hospital, state, and national standards, including Home Health charges and progress notes.
6. Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel regarding patient progress, treatment programs, or other pertinent information.
7. Follows all infection control procedures and policies (including use of universal/standard precautions).
8. Reports significant client status changes to Primary Care Physician.
9. Performs activities related to necessary ongoing operation of the department: a) ordering supplies; b) restocking of supplies; c) cleaning; d) filing information.
10. Markets the service to physicians & the community through meetings, seminars & health fairs.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Serves as a resource for professional knowledge concerning Nursing Care and Services.
13. Arranges and maintains daily schedule of patients.
14. Acts as a clinical instructor for Nursing and other programs sending students to facility.