Cycle Counter (Winfield) - Temp to Hire
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Winfield, KS 67156
Multiple positions available! These are temp to hire positions with the possibility of becoming permanent after 90 days, based on performance and attendance. Initial pay rate: $14.50 per hour.
Summary of Functions: Responsible for the consistent handling of the customer’s product throughout the facility using inventory counts and verifying shipping and receiving work orders. Checks product for content accuracy and damage, maintain records of materials in inventory, and initiate action to reconcile discrepancies in inventories and notify Supervisor of irregularities.
• Examine contents and compare with records (manifests, orders, etc.) to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
• Verify shipping/receiving methods for materials, using knowledge of shipping/receiving procedures.
• Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages and nonconformance to specifications.
• Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
• Perform cycle counting of physical inventory; monitor current inventory problems; report any findings to Inventory Supervisor regarding damaged inventory.
• Use RF gun and Warehouse Management Software to achieve accurate results.
• Ensure proper, efficient and accurate use of the process.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and teamwork.
• Communicates well with the supervisor and other co-workers and departments.
• Maintains a clean and safer work environment at all times.
• Adheres to the New Breed 7S program.
• Teamwork participation in meeting contract goals and objectives.
• ITAR verification required.
• All other duties as assigned.
• The employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, at times above head; and talk and hear.
• The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl and occasionally required to sit nd climb; must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must regularly lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; may also move materials placed on wheeled carts weighing up to 500 pounds.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent; three months or more related experience and/or training or combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure documents; understanding of shipping and receiving process documents as they relate to the overall company quality objective.
• Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; detail-oriented; ability to prepare administrative paperwork using MS Word and Excel.
• Able to work overtime and on weekends as required.
• All other duties as assigned