Assemblers - Temp to Hire - 3rd Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Multiple Assembly positions available! These are temp to hire 3rd shift positions with the possibility of becoming permanent after 90 days, based on performance and attendance.
Initial pay rate: $17.25 per hour
* Week starts Monday night at 7:30 pm and ends Friday Morning at 6 am. Must be flexible with OT. After 90 days, if hired, the wages increase to $19.10 per hour.
* Responsibilities include:
• Perform tasks required to position, install, attach, and apply parts per general procedures and to specified quality requirements.
• Complete tasks by following work instructions, process sheets, check sheets, photos, and carrying out assignments given by Supervisor in an efficient manner
• Perform minor rework as required to detail parts and components to permit proper assembly. Make adjustments or alignments to components involving cleaning, drilling, tapping, filling, etc.
• Responsible for helping to maintain good housekeeping practices in accordance with company requirements
• Rotate between three consecutive work stations to compete various assembly tasks
• Perform all tasks within safety guidelines.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement process.
• Perform other duties as assigned by lead person or department team leader
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment with at least 3 months in production setting
- Ability to work with computers and software systems
- Must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform each essential duty and physical requirements satisfactorily
- Must be able to effectively prioritize work tasks and requirements
- Must be a team player and also be self-motivated