Interiors Mechanical Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Interiors Mechanical Engineer
Engineers are responsible for design, development and testing of aircraft components and their installations\. Components may include aircraft furniture, composite panels and environmental system air ducts\. Design assignments are executed under the direction of the Engineering Supervisor with an emphasis on meeting and or exceeding customer requirements\. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description\.
99. Manages the planning, development and execution of important engineering projects\.
99. Coordinates with both internal customers as well as multiple outside suppliers to insure Design for Manufacturability, cost, and schedule goals are met\.
99. Uses advanced engineering principles and problem solving capabilities to provide technical solutions for a wide range of tasks\.
99. Design and build prototypes of system components for testing\.
99. Develop required test procedures and coordinate testing with other applicable groups\.
99. Works well in a cross\-functional and diverse team environment
99. Ability to successfully navigate thru a great deal of ambiguity\.
99. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area\.
99. Drives improvements to daily processes and ensures all work meets or exceeds customer requirements\.
99. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company products and processes\.
+ Bachelor’s Degree in:
+ Mechanical Engineering
+ Aerospace Engineering
+ Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience or relative aviation technical experience\.
+ Professional and diplomatic demeanor
+ Strong sense of accountability and integrity
+ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
+ Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects
+ Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office programs
+ Experience in CATIA V5 or V6 is preferred
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 271891