Assembly Team Member- 2nd Shift - Independence
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Independence, KS 67301
Assembly Team Member\- 2nd Shift \- Independence
- JOB SUMMARY: **
- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: **
99. Performs assembling operations such as cutting, filing, drilling, countersinking, fitting, shimming, adjusting, clamping, bolting, reaming, riveting, and bucking where locations and other pertinent information is established or predetermined and tolerances, edge margins and hole patterns, etc\., are usually controlled by tooling and fixtures\.
99. Locates reference points, holes, parts and assemblies from established reference lines or points, transfers hole and rivets pattern within predetermined limits and performs sheet metal assembly work without aid of jigs, fixtures or other tooling when necessary\.
99. Uses hand and portable tools such as rivet gun, drill motor, portable dimpling equipment, bucking bars, deburr tools, file, scale, etc\.
99. Highly dedicated to meeting customer commitments and incrementally improving the process\.
99. Encourages continuous improvement and recommends solutions and implements\.
- EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE: **
+ High school education or equivalent\. Requires the use of simple arithmetic, a limited number of measuring instruments and blueprints\.
- QUALIFICATIONS: **
+ Daily tasks are completed without supervision\.
+ A self starter and takes the lead on important projects to completion\.
+ Excellent problem\-solving skills\.
+ Action oriented and takes on challenges\.
+ No instructions needed on routine work and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments\.
+ Will be required to follow all safety guidelines for procedures and equipment, and actively participate in daily ergonomic stretching exercises\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Independence
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift Second Shift
Req ID: 270383