Inside Sales / Relief Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chanute, KS 66720
AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide company, the country’s largest distributor of industrial and specialty gases and related products, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our CHANUTE, KS TEAM in the open position of INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE / RELIEF DRIVER (Class A or B).
Provides walk-in and phone customer service in branch locations by performing the following duties. Also, fills in as backup driver when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
• Solicits sales from walk in or telephone call in customers
• Movement of cylinders as required by customer demands
• Documents sales, quotes, or other information.
• Enters sales data into computer system and researches information for customers through use of the same.
• Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and accounts for same.
• Aids customers in assessing needs and locating merchandise.
• Obtains merchandise from stockroom when merchandise is not on floor.
• Serve as a backup driver when regular drivers are out absent or on vacation.
• Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order.
• Marks or tickets merchandise.
• Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available.
• Assures stock inventories are kept at a level that facilitates sales objectives.
• Process and/or returns damaged goods.
• Prepares and routes merchandise for shipment.
• Releases daily invoices and completes all required hand written and computer generated documentation on a timely and accurate basis.
• Maintain CDL with Hazmat endorsement in order to serve as backup driver when needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• At least two years sales experience.
• Must have at least one full year of CDL driving experience within the last five years.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must have the ability to become Forklift Certified.
• Must maintain a Class B CDL license with Hazmat endorsement
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days. In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program. Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays and floating holidays.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Inside Sales / Relief Driver
Requisition ID: 21973