Bus Info Consultant Sr PS16779
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Bus Info Consultant Sr PS16779
Location: New York City, New York, United States
Field: Reporting & Data Analysis
Requisition #: PS16779
Post Date: Feb 08, 2019
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Preferred Office Location:
+ New York City, NY
+ Iselin, NJ
+ Atlanta, GA
+ Chicago, IL
+ Wallingford, CT
+ Richmond, VA
Bus Info Consultant Sr
Responsible for coordinating and consolidating various impact analyses for management reporting.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Uses SQL/SAS/Hadoop to create, maintain, and manipulate databases to track business performance related to value-based payment models (e.g., Accountable Care Organizations, Patient Centered Medical Homes, Bundled Payments).
2. Establishes, improves, and optimizes the consolidating processes for forecast and month-end results.
3. Consolidates and prepares executive summary reports for various business segments for top management decision-making.
4. Analyzes and designs solutions to address varied and highly complex business needs.
5. May collaborate with businesses and technical areas to implement new or enhanced products.
6. May require strong knowledge of products as well as our internal business models and data systems.
7. May coordinate with external audits as appropriate.
8. Acts as the central contact with internal departments and external auditors.
9. Works independently.
10. Draws up a plan to address issues/concerns.
11. Works side by side with his or her manager.
12. Leads software development and operational tasks alongside IT partners.
• Requires a BS/BA degree in Statistics, Economics, or Business Administration
• 12+ years of relevant experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
• Experience providing leadership in evaluating financial performance of complex organizations required
• Experience with relational databases and advanced knowledge of query tools (SQL) is required, knowledge of statistical software (SAS, R) is strongly desired
• Healthcare background preferred
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, organizational, planning, presentation and interpersonal skills
• This job is focused on identifying solutions to business problems and needs; candidate must be very knowledgeable across products, more customer facing in recommending solutions, expert in data analysis, extremely independent, able to provide more interpretation of what is required by the business as compared to the Bus Info Consultant job.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran