Operations Planning Analyst II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
The Operations Planning analyst II will develop solutions to identify problems utilizing existing operations planning tools or, if necessary, developing new tools to address issues to streamline YRC Freight’s network of freight operations. Analyze terminal, linehaul, and equipment planning as well as service performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer load plans to terminals in a network according to department’s strategic plan.
2. Identify and extract key data elements needed for Network Analysis and Planning
3. Utilize operational planning models and processes to evaluate opportunities in the area of the terminal, linehaul, equipment planning and service performance and make recommendations to management.
4. Develop, document, and maintain new operational planning tools as necessary to evaluate new opportunities.
5. Create and maintain management reports to address specific improvement objectives to evaluate their usefulness and tenure.
6. Communicate directly with key corporate and field customers to evaluate the effectiveness of recommendations and to identify new areas of opportunity.
7. Communicate changes in load plans to stakeholders and develop training materials, tools guides and job aids that create employee education and awareness within focused operating areas.
1. Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related area.
2. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
4. Experience as an Operations Analyst.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS* *
1. Knowledge and understanding of network operations.
2. Knowledge of modeling techniques and understanding of programming logic.
3. Experience using SQL
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Title: Operations Planning Analyst II
Location: KS-Overland Park
Requisition ID: 19004B