Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS 67221
NOTE: Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed.
INTRODUCTION: The function of the organization where this position is located is in official functional statements. The purpose of this position is to lead workers and mix and serve pre-mix alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages from a limited service bar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. As a working leader, performs the following types of duties: Provides day-to-day advice and guidance to employees for work assignments; relays instructions from the supervisor for work assignments; gets the work started and sets the work pace; demonstrates work methods and provides work-related guidance; ensures that worksite materials and tools are available, and ensures that employees follow security, safety, and housekeeping rules.
2. Prepares a limited variety of alcoholic drinks by selecting proper pre-mix and garnish. Serves beer, soda and wine. Serves patrons directly or delivers to waiter. Keeps bar area clean and keeps area properly stocked. Receives payment, operates cash register, and makes and returns change to patrons or waiters.
3. Sets up bar for operation and obtains cash bank. Maintains neat and clean work area. Washes bar equipment, glassware, and utensils. Stocks service bars and assists higher-level bartender as required. May be required to prepare documentation for cash funds accountability.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned..
Ability to lead three or more workers to accomplish bartending assignments. Must have experience mixing alcoholic beverages for retail sale, which includes knowledge of correct proportions and mixtures to use in preparing beverages. Must be able to recognize intoxicated or unruly patrons and to resolve the problem or seek assistance if needed. Must be able to follow cash handling procedures. Must be physically able to frequently lift objects weighing 5 to 15 pounds, pull and push objects weighing 10 to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift up to and over 40 pounds. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical. Must meet the appropriate minimum age requirement for working with and/or serving alcoholic beverages. Must be able to obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate and/or complete food handler’s training. Must be able to communicate clearly and possess skill in dealing with the public. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a Tl investigations.
CONTROLS OVER WORK:
Supervisor provides instructions either orally or in writing and is available for advice and guidance. Work is evaluated on ability to carry out supervisor’s instructions concerning work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines. Work is also evaluated on customer service..
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. Skills and Knowledge: Ability to lead three or more workers to accomplish bartending assignments. Knowledge of correct proportions and mixtures to use in preparing beverages. Ability to recognize intoxicated or unruly patrons and to resolve the problem or seek assistance if needed. Ability to follow cash handling procedures.
2. Physical Effort: Requires frequent light to moderate lifting and carrying objects weighing 5 to 15 pounds, pushing and pulling objects weighing IO to 20 pounds, and occasionally lifting up to and over 40 pounds. Heavier objects such as beer kegs are usually transported with the aid of a dolly.
3. Working Conditions: Works inside with adequate lighting, heat, and ventilation. Subject to cuts, bruises, and chapped hands..EEO Policy Statement: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.