Food Service Worker (Bowling)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS 67221
NOTE: Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed.
- INTRODUCTION: The function of the organization where this position is located is in official functional statements. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of manual tasks in food preparation and food service areas.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sets up cafeteria lines, steam tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food items including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter and beverages. Serves food cafeteria style. Breaks down and cleans area when meals are complete. Sets up dining room tables for service, places food and beverages on tables, and replenishes items as necessary. Sets up and operates dishwashers, performs preventive maintenance and cleaning. Scrapes, soaks, scours and scrubs bowls, pots and pans. Also performs heavy duty cleaning tasks such as ceilings, exhaust hoods, under and behind kitchen equipment, washes floors and walls, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, sanitizes garbage cans. May unload food from delivery trucks. Collects and transfers trash from work area to disposal area.
2. Assembles and tosses fresh fruit or green salads in quantity using prepared dressings, serves into standard serving sizes. Makes cold sandwiches using prepared ingredients. Makes coffee, tea and other beverages.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to follow simple oral instructions, be able to use hand tools for cleaning, and operate simple machines. Must be skilled in doing tasks with several steps and must use judgement in sequencing tasks. Must have knowledge of sanitation standards in handling and serving food, and for cleaning equipment and work area. Must be physically able to frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Must be able to continuously stand and walk, and frequently stoop, reach, push, pull and bend for long periods of time. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical. Must be able to obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate and/or complete food handler’s training. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
- PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Completes assignments in a reasonable time period, producing an acceptable quality product. Provides assistance in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures that requested assistance is handled in a manner judged timely for each situation. Interacts with colleagues and supervisors in a courteous and professional manner, demonstrating an ability to work cooperatively with other persons. Identifies problem areas and initiates corrective procedures as appropriate. Assists in achieving a satisfactory rating on all external evaluations and inspections. Resolves problems promptly, or brings them to the supervisor’s attention when they are outside the scope of responsibilities, so there is minimal adverse impact on operations. Follows established procedures. Assists in maintaining an effective internal control system to preclude or minimize the potential for fraud, waste, and abuse.
- TRAINING: As directed by supervisor.
- CONTROLS OVER WORK: Incumbent is responsible for independently completing work as scheduled after initial oral or written instructions when changes or new assignments are made. Supervisor periodically checks to see that work is done on time and according to instructions.
- OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. Skill and Knowledge: Must be skilled in doing tasks with several steps and must use judgement in sequencing tasks. Knowledge of sanitation standards for handling and serving food, and cleaning equipment and work area..
2. Physical Effort: Frequently lifts or moves objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Continuous standing, walking, frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and bending. May be required to work on ladders and use powered cleaning equipment
3. Working Conditions: Uncomfortably high temperature and humidity are created by steam and heat from cooking and dishwashing. Area is usually noisy and there is a danger of slipping on wet floors where food or beverage has been dropped. Exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blades, hot working surfaces and extreme temperature changes when entering walk-in refrigeration or freezer units.
- EEO Policy Statement: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.