Custodial Worker (Housekeeper)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS 67221
NOTE: Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed.
The function of the organization is to provide lodging to transient personnel and their families. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of simple cleaning tasks associated with lodging operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans lodging guest rooms, corridors, stairways, facilities, and other assigned lodging areas. Sweeps, dry mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors using brooms, mops, lightweight vacuum cleaners, and lightweight floor scrubbers and buffers. Dusts, waxes, and polishes furniture. Cleans and sanitizes guest room appliances, cooking utensils and dishes. Empties wastebaskets. Polishes door knobs and other metal fixtures. Washes walls, windows, and blinds that can be reached unassisted or using stepping stools. Makes beds and changes linen. Collects soiled linen and places it at a pickup point. Receives clean linen and delivers it where directed. Using the telephone system updates room status, occupancy, and checkouts.
2. Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes lavatories, urinals, and toilet bowls. Cleans mirrors, sinks, and water fountains. Dusts ledges, woodwork, and furniture. Replaces deodorizers, toilet tissue, hand towels, soap, and other complimentary sundry items. Notes condition of facilities and reports to supervisor broken windows, water leaks, clogged drains, and other conditions requiring maintenance.
3. Keeps a stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to do the work. Advises supervisor when more materials are needed or when equipment needs repair or replacement. Performs other related duties as assigned.
No previous experience or training is required. Must be able to follow simple oral and written instructions and be able to use hand or lightweight powered cleaning tools or equipment. Must be physically able to frequently lift and empty wastebaskets, lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds. Must be able to continuously stand, stoop, and reach for long periods of time. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Consistently accomplishes tasks in a timely manner following instructions provided by supervisor. Properly uses, cleans, and accounts for tools required to accomplish assigned duties. Consistently operates hand tools in a safe manner, applying established safety regulations to minimize and avoid violations due to employee error or negligence. Strictly follows safety and security instructions. Promptly informs supervisor of accidents and/or damages to supplies, equipment, or vehicles and of any observed unsafe practices and/or procedures in a timely manner according to established policies and procedures. Uses and assures proper fit of required safety equipment and clothing.
Attends all formal and informal training applicable to this position deemed necessary by the supervisor. Must complete the web-based training selected for this position by the AFSVA.
CONTROLS OVER WORK:
Receives specific written or oral instruction from supervisor or higher-graded worker who is available for advice and guidance at all times. Work is reviewed in progress and upon completion for adequacy and compliance with instructions.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. Skill and Knowledge: Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
2. Physical Effort: The work involves light physical effort, such as that involved in using vacuum cleaners and dry mops; running lightweight powered scrubbers and buffers; continually standing, bending, stooping, and reaching; frequently lifting and emptying wastebaskets; frequently pushing carts loaded with dirty laundry or wastepaper; occasionally lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds.
3. Working Conditions: Usually works indoors in a well-lighted and heated facility but may occasionally work outdoors. Exposed to dirt, disagreeable odors, and possibility of minor injuries (cuts and bruises).?EEO Policy Statement: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.