Carpenters Apprenticeship Program
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67207
The Carpenters Training Center of Wichita is accepting applications for the union carpentry apprenticeship program. This is a four year apprenticeship program that provides an opportunity to learn the carpentry trade and earn wages while employed with local union contractors. Should work 40 hours per week with local union contractor. Will attend 40 hours of training at the Carpenters Training Center of Wichita each quarter. No experience is required, however construction experience a plus. Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel outside of the Wichita area. Should pass the WorkKeys / Kansas WORKReady! Assessment prior to completing an application.
To be considered applicants:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be legal to work in the U.S.; will be required to provide two forms of gov’t. issued ID, one must be a photo ID
- Must be physically able to do the work
- Should have a high school diploma / GED within one year of hire date
- Should complete and pass the WorkKeys / Kansas WORKReady! Assessment PRIOR to applying
- Will need to provide own tools and proper work attire (work boots, shirts with no less than 4" sleeves, full length pants- no shorts)
To complete the WorkKeys / Kansas WORKReady! Assessment contact the Wichita Workforce Center at:
2021 N Amidon, Ste 1100, Wichita, KS
Applications are accepted M-F from 8:30am-11:30am and 1:30pm-3:30pm at:
Carpenters Training Center of Wichita,
8405 E. Kellogg Dr., Ste 145,
Wichita, KS 67207.
Call ahead at (316) 522-8911 before coming to complete application.