CDL Driver / Machinery Mover / Millwright
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Coffeyville, KS 67337
Ensure jobs meet their deadlines within budget and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Transport loads of various types and weights from one point to another without damage to the object moved, property or personnel. This position acts in conjunction as a Laborer, Machinery Mover, Millwright, Rigger and/or Operator. Driver is a job function of the Rigger or Operator positions.
· Acts in a combined capacity as driver/machinery mover/millwright/laborer
· Align, level, and anchor machinery and assures that lifting gear is inspected prior to use
· Assures that all lifts are within load limits of equipment and correctly rigged
· Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
· Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps
· Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
· Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use
· Extremely safety conscious with an outstanding safety record.
· Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools
· Follows correct lock-out and tag procedures
· Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets
· Must understand tow motor and jack lift capacities
· Operates cranes, TCR vehicles, equipment and machinery as required by facility or worksite
· Operates equipment to hoist materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
· Operator other TCR equipment in conjunction with CDL driver responsibilities
· Participates in safety meetings and other rigger safety programs
· Perform preventative maintenance as required to ensure safe and continual service of equipment
· Performs tasks assigned by rigger during lifting procedures
· Responsible for creating an environment fostering open communications concerning safety issues
· Responsible for own and rigger’s compliance with company policy, safety guidelines and procedures that pertain to the crane operator’s job
· Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers
· Responsible for slings, cables, straps, and the crane prior to lifting operations
· Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
· Shows commitment to TCR safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
· Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials; test rigging to ensure safety and reliability
· Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
· Other duties as assigned by management
Requirements & Skills
Three (3) years experience as CDL-A Driver preferred
At least 1 year experience as a Millwright, Machinery Mover and Rigger preferred
High School Diploma
Must have CDL-A, 1 year experience preferred
Experience with Over Weight and Oversized Loads preferred.
Must be willing to travel and work overtime
Must pass drug test, fit-for duty test and background check
Must be able to lift upto 100+ lbs
Must be able to lift overhead
Minimum 2 years driving experience required
Must be willing to relocate to Coffeyville, KS or live within a reasonable commute.
Working conditions vary day by day and requires both indoor and outdoor activities. Physically, should be strong and quick. The job often calls for a lot of lifting, climbing, and physical force. Need to be able to lift up to 100 pounds and lift/lower objects overhead safely. TCR CDL drivers also function in the capacity of laborers, machinery movers, millwrights, riggers and operators when driving skill are not being utilized at TCR worksites and facilities.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required.
CDL-A Operator/Riggers report to the Field Supervisor
Five Panel Drug Screen
DOT Physical with Back Examination
Motor Vehicle Report
DOT Three Year Employment Screen
Criminal Background Check with Felony and Misdemeanor
Social Security Verification
Software & Tools
Smartphone & Company Email
NEW INFO: Pay & Schedule
We are a merit shop.
Pay is based on experience and ranges from $20-$28/hr working 55+ hours a week. Annual gross wages expected to be $65,000 to $100,000.
Travel and weekend work is expected.
HOME MOST NIGHTS – Tulsa crews work mostly reginally, Staying in hotels an average of 10-30%.
Perdiem and motel’s provided.
Benefits : PTO, Health, Rx, Employer Contributed Health Savings Account, Vision, Dental, Holidays, 401k, Cell Phone, iPad, and more