Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67214
About the Position
Provides professional dental services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc. Provides clinical leadership and supervision of dental support staff. Works closely with the Chief Dental Officer to ensure quality of care.
GraceMed offers the following competitive salary and traditional benefit options; Base Salary, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, participation in 403b retirement with matching, Paid CME/CDE, health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and many other voluntary benefits. And if you qualify, practicing at GraceMed may entitle you to earn up to the maximum in federal educational loan forgiveness. Company provided scrubs and weekends off.
Reports to the Chief Dental Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides dental evaluation, treatment, and consultation services to patients of the clinic
- Responds to emergencies and answers dental questions
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past dental, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient
- Provides dental orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient
- Provides patient education as needed
- Answers questions for patients, personally or through clinical staff, in order to relay information regarding their care
- Completes appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Works closely with the Chief Dental Officer to provide leadership and medical direction for the clinic.
- Maintains approved treatment protocols utilized by staff
- Assists with orientation and training of dental providers
- Reviews an adequate sample of dental records with particular emphasis on; appropriateness, efficiency, and quality of care provided. When the review of said dental records shows that corrective steps are necessary, Dentist shall take appropriate corrective steps, in collaboration with the appropriate administrative, supervisory or clinical personnel
- Participates in public relations and community outreach activities
- Provides assistance with OSHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by supervisors
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry
- Licensure as a dentist in the State of Kansas
- Licensure to prescribe medication in the State of Kansas
- CPR Certification (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements
- Previous dental office experience
- Previous computer experience or training
- FQHC or public healthcare setting experience preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times
Work Environment & Schedule
Dental office environment. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., schedule may vary.