ADULT EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chanute, KS 66720
ADULT EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
Reports to: Director of Adult Basic Education
Classification: Academic Management Support, Full-time, 12-month Employee
Pay Status: Exempt
100% Grant funded
Fringe Benefits per Board Policy
Starting Salary $27,000 – $29,000
Revised: Sept 2018
Purpose of Position: This position is a member of the Adult Education department who reports to the Director of Adult Basic Education. This position is responsible for the day to day classroom instruction, implementation of adult education curriculum, and assisting with outreach planning, and student data collection for reporting purposes.
1. Teach adult education curriculum;
2. Develop and maintain student portfolios;
3. Assist with student tracking and follow-up;
4. Provide instruction at outreach sites as needed;
5. Assist with State and Federal reports;
6. Attend conferences and meetings which will enhance instruction and professional development;
7. Provide program information to those who inquire, and assist with the recruitment of adult education students;
8. Obtain and maintain KAEA credentials;
9. Obtain and maintain CASAS credentials;
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Adult Basic Education.
Education and Experience
1. Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Previous experience working with adult learners preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to work with, relate to, and teach diverse populations.
2. Organizing and coordinating skills.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Excellent computer skills.
5. Knowledge of working with unprepared students.
6. Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
7. Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
8. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment.
9. Ability to use classroom technology.
10. Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team.
1. Teaching duties may be performed in various settings.
2. Work is normally performed in a typical classroom environment.
3. Some travel with overnight trips and evening hours are required.
4. No or very limited physical effort required.
Please submit a letter of application, resume with names and phones numbers of five references unofficial transcripts, and NCCC employment application to:
Human Resources Director, Adult Education Instructor, Neosho County Community College, 800 West 14th Street, Chanute, KS 66720 or Email to email@example.com. Employment application available at www.neosho.edu/careers.
Review of applications begins upon receipt.
The current non-discrimination policy can be found at: