Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66219
GBA is looking for a candidate to support our traffic group in Lenexa, KS. Our traffic group works on a wide variety of project types including signing, lighting, pavement marking, traffic control, signal design, traffic impact studies, corridor studies, and coordinated signal timing plans. Our experts work with private, municipal, county and DOT clients. In addition to traditional traffic engineering, our team is exploring opportunities is transportation systems management and operation, including Connected/Autonomous Vehicles, Smart City applications and other traffic technology services. For this position, we are looking for someone with an emphasis in traffic who can learn quickly, is self-motivated and is interested in future traffic technologies.
- Layout and design of intersections and interchanges
- Layout and design of traffic signal, roadway lighting, and other traffic controls
- Layout and design of parking facilities
- Layout and design of ADA ramps and facilities at intersections and parking facilities
- Analyses of traffic operations to determine levels of service
- Analyses of traffic crash data to determine correctable patterns
- Analyses to determine design traffic volumes
- Preparation of Traffic Impact Study (TIS) documents
- Preparation of Traffic Design Study documents
- Warrant studies to establish needs for traffic control devices
- Use of Travel Demand Modeling (TDM) software to determine traffic growth
- Use of traffic simulation modeling to produce detailed traffic operations data and graphics
- Conducting various inventories and evaluations of traffic controls and infrastructure
- Conducting in-field surveys and analyses of travel times, delays, driver behavior, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in project design, plan development, and traffic analysis
- Strong working technical knowledge of traffic engineering principles and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using AutoCad and/or MicroStation CAD software
- Working knowledge of traffic analysis software, including Synchro / SimTraffic and VISSIM
To be considered an applicant, you must go to the Careers section of our website at http://gbateam.com/job-openings/ to submit an application and resume.
GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GBA promotes diversity in our workforce by including all individuals regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law.