2019 Intern - Defense & Special Missions Airframe Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
2019 Intern \- Defense & Special Missions Airframe Engineer
Lift your career to new heights\.At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career\. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization\.The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc\. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying\.These brandsbring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft\. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in havingthe Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time \.Are you ready to elevate your career?
This position provides you with the opportunity to develop innovative engineering solutions for the complete product life cycle for the Beechcraft Defense Company aircraft product lines\.Under the guidance of senior level engineers, you will perform basic engineering responsibilities associated with conceptualizing, researching, developing, certifying, and supporting the assigned product platform as it relates to engineering aspects of primary and secondary structural components\. In this position you will also be assigned tasks associated with interiors and mechanical systems engineering\. You will work closely with Technical Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain, and Quality Assurance to achieve desired design requirement objectives\.
Job Responsibilities \(may include, but not limited to\):
- Complete either new design or modifies existing design of primary and secondary structure and control surfaces \(layouts, detail parts, assemblies, installation drawings\)
- Activities will include involvement in Military applications
- Responsible for provisioning for and integration of aircraft subsystems such as Mechanical Systems, Propulsion System, Electrical/Avionics Systems, and Interiors
- Investigate and resolve production and field issues as identified both through the internal quality system and customer feedback using a systematic approach to root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Conduct trade studies and make recommendations to determine feasibility of designing new equipment or modifying existing equipment
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Basic knowledge of CATIA V5
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Experience in applying technical theories, troubleshooting techniques, and concepts related to aircraft structural design
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 270712