Physical Therapy Scheduling Coordinator - PRN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Scheduling Coordinator- Physical Therapy
Menorah Medical Center, a full-service, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves the community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. The hospital has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
The hospital, near the Overland Park and Leawood city lines, continues to be a leader in cancer care. It was the first to introduce the area’s only CyberKnife®. This revolutionary new treatment for destroying harmful tumors does not require surgery or anesthesia, and lets the patient go home immediately after treatment with few, if any, side effects. It is also the only hospital in Johnson County to offer Mammosite®, an advanced technology for breast cancer.Physical Therapy Scheduling Coordinator Job Summary: * *
- To assist the Outpatient Rehab staff with clerical duties and scheduling of Outpatient cases. Routine contacts include patients, physicians, hospital staff, outside health agencies, and the community.
- Responsible for making sure the schedule runs smoothly and addresses issues related to this by ensuring appointments are scheduled appropriately without conflicts.
- Verify and enter data such as demographics, insurance information into computerized scheduling and billing system with each encounter with patient.
- Obtain insurance referrals and authorization prior to patient’s appointment. Collect patient co-payment and generate patient receipt.
- Accurately transcribe physician orders and complete the admission medical record process.
- Runs daily and monthly Meditech reports and any reports requested.
- Works with Director and Manager to coordinate quarterly office meetings with physician office staff, coordinates any follow up work out of those meetings.
Education: High school Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years clerical, computer experience and medical terminology required. Previous experience scheduling and obtaining insurance authorizations preferred.
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail required.
- Good telephone and communication skills a must.
Job: Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Physical Therapy Scheduling Coordinator – PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-55402