Material Process Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Spring Hill, KS 66083
MATERIAL PROCESS OPERATOR (MPO)
A&M Products Manufacturing Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Clorox Company
The Material Process Operator (MPO) is responsible for the production of cat litter and may work in the Mixing, Production, Receiving, and/or Warehouse departments. The Mixing department is responsible for associated controls and instrumentation to transfer the raw materials to the mixing equipment and the prepared product to the packaging area. The Production department is responsible for packaging and palletizing the product. The Receiving and Warehouse Departments’ responsibilities include managing the warehouse areas and transporting the product to and from production and to and from semi-trailers. The MPO works most of the time with heavy stationary and/or moving equipment and conveyors, concentration on the tasks at hand as well as an awareness of the overall operation is important.
The MPO will need to be able to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
JOB TASKS: are dependent upon the Department. Duties may include:
- Loading, unloading and transporting raw materials, equipment and supplies from semi trailers and railcars,
- Transporting raw materials during product preparation,
- Operating, monitoring and adjusting the equipment along the packaging lines such as
- Adding/removing supplies and/or product from line,
- Inspecting product before, during and after filling,
- Performing quality checks,
- Making equipment adjustments
- Clearing jams
- Operating the palletizer,
- Transporting materials/supplies to/from the production areas for storage and/or shipping
- Entering data in computer and monitoring the instrumentation including computer
- Troubleshooting the pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment,
- Providing routine and preventative maintenance
- Providing housekeeping to the equipment and work area.
- Prepare reports, training manuals and conduct training sessions.
Positions and activities may be rotated such that the MPO is capable of performing the responsibilities in all departments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled