Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67213
Position Title: Development Officer
Reports To: Director of Development Business Unit: Foundation and Mission Services
POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position) Responsible for event management of Envision signature fundraising events, coordination of cause-related and peer-to-peer marketing campaigns, external special events, stewarding key relationships most notably with Envision, Inc. vendors and coordination of the Envision Employee Giving Program and annual drive. This position will also provide writing and editing support for fundraising, stewardship, and marketing materials.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of
- Organize and facilitate all special events most notably Envision signature golf & gala fundraising events. Responsibility includes promotion, coordination, execution, sponsorship solicitation and donor follow-up.
- Work within the community to implement cause-related marketing campaigns, including strategic development, concept execution and donor recognition and gratitude.
- Facilitate partnerships with churches, civic groups and outside organizations to implement external special events and peer-to-peer fundraising, including recognition and appreciation of donors.
- Create strategies and look for opportunities to strengthen relationships with Envision, Inc. vendors to facilitate sponsorship opportunities and increase awareness of Envision Foundation programs.
Create and implement all aspects of the Envision Employee Giving Program and annual drive including strategy development and concept execution; responsible for solicitation, recognition and appreciation of employee donors.
Garner support and sell sponsorships for Envision Foundation programs. Manage and execute related communication to participants and staff.
- Record all donor interactions in donor management software.
- Collaborate as needed to write copy for letters, collateral material, reports and other items as necessary.
- Attend weekend and evening community events as an Envision representative in order to develop and maintain relationships with community leaders and donors to increase the financial capacity of Envision.
- Participate in planning yearly calendar of cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition activities for donors.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations or related field required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience in fundraising, fund development, investor/donor relations and event planning; non-profit agency experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to:
- Work independently, conceptualizing and executing projects
- Manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Interact effectively with employees at all levels as well as the general public
- Plan and coordinate events
- Superior project management skills with the ability to track and juggle various stakeholders and tasks to deliver high-quality results while meeting deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential communications or public relations issues.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
X Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.