Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kansas City, MO 64106
Instrument & Control engineering including front\-end planning, I&C quantity and cost estimation, conceptual studies, detailed design, factory acceptance testing \(FAT\), and construction & startup support for mid to major scale EPC projects in Oil & Gas refineries and Chemical industrial facilities\. Lead a team of Instrument & Controls Engineers and Designers in the execution of design and interfaces with a multi\-discipline project team, consisting of engineering and project managers, project controls, estimating, multiple engineering disciplines, construction, and startup & commissioning\. Maintain effective communication within the project team\. Actively participate in project change management\. Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced staff members\.
- Responsible for preparing instruments and control systems specifications, instruments and instrument valves data sheets, RFQs, technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations\.
- Responsible for the review of instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data\. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, detailers/designers\.
- Participates in the development of P&ID’s and equipment/subcontract package specifications\.
- Lead development of logic diagrams, instrument index, I/O List, cause & effects, control narratives\.
- B\.Sc\. degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical, engineering with 10 years experience in Instrumentation & Control engineering within Oil, Gas, & Chemical industry
- PE license is required
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications
- Familiarity with variety of control and safety systems \(DCS, SIS, BMS, PLC, SCADA\)
- Experienced in Field Instruments and Control Valve selection, calculation and detailed specifications
- Ability to participate in risk management review sessions \(HAZOP, LOPA, SIL\)
- Knowledge of applicable design standards covering Instrument & Control Design/Engineering such as API, NFPA, ISA, PIP, IEC, IEEE, ISO, NACE
- Must be willing and eligible to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential \(TWIC\)
- Familiarity with SmartPlant tools, particularly SPI \(InTools\), is preferred
- Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment
- Previous EPC project execution experience is desirable
- Experience with designing and supporting Safety Instrumented Systems \(SIS\), Safety Instrumented Functions \(SIF\), Layers of Protection Analysis \(LOPA\), and High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems \(HIPPS\)\.
- Strong communication & leadership skills
15% travel is required
Job Instrumentation & Controls Engineering
Primary Location US\-MO\-Kansas City
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place with more than 5,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists and consultants on staff and growing\. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee\-owners\. We take on some of the world’s toughest challenges with the industry’s best thinking\.
We have offices and projects spanning the US and the globe\. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For\. Our culture of 100% employee ownership plays a major role in supporting that outcome\. Each employee shares in the ownership of the firm, bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects\. Clients appreciate that and have rewarded us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades\-long partnerships\. Pretty cool for a 100 year old firm that grows organically\.
At Burns & McDonnell, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference every day while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions\. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels\. And with more than 350 service specialties, your career and development options are abundant\.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Req ID: 182012