Equipment Operator III (D) - 620 - Sewer Maintenance
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
This is skilled work in the safe and efficient operation of heavy and specialized automotive equipment and/or supervision of a crew engaged in maintenance or construction activities which includes minor repair and servicing. Work may involve filling in for a supervisor in his/her absence. Work is performed independently under the general direction of the supervisor.Examples of Work Performed:
· Operates heavy equipment to perform assigned maintenance and construction tasks. Examples of equipment operated include, but are not limited to, street sweepers, bulldozers, large graders, scrapers, large backhoes, large ditch digging machines, semi-tractor trailers, windrowing machines, snow plows and other attachments.
· Specializes in a specific operation and ensures that it is well done.
· Performs mechanical maintenance and service work on equipment operated.
· Assists supervisors in various phases of operations, including daily assignments of work tasks and completion of paperwork.
· These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.Requirements of Work:
· Considerable knowledge of automotive equipment operation
· Skill in the care and operations of heavy and specialized equipment
· Ability to lead the work of others in maintenance, repair and construction operations
· Knowledge of the tools, methods materials and procedures used in construction and maintenance activities
· Ability to maneuver self into vehicular equipment with 18" high first and second steps and a 12" high third step
· Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds
· Ability to work outdoors when inclement weather conditions exist
· Ability to tolerate exposure to airborne environmental nuisances associated with traffic and machine exhaust, open grounds, and construction
· May require the ability to work in confined spaces, such as manholes, while wearing the appropriate safety equipment
· Ability to tolerate equipment and machinery noise with the use of ear plugs
· Ability to continuously perform tasks that require one to push, pull, climb (ladders and in and out of vehicular equipment), bend, twist, reach, stand, and walk, about (up to half a mile at a time) for most of an eight hour shift
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to respond after hours, including overnight, requiring driving or working in low light conditions.
· Will require possession and ability to maintain a valid Kansas class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) or, depending on the position, class B with air brake endorsement
· An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.Required Experience and Training:
One and one half years of experience in the operation of heavy or specialized automotive equipment used in construction or maintenance activities, or, depending on position, utility maintenance and repair experience. An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of a criminal record check.