Assistant/ Associate Professor or Instructor (Mechanical, El
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Manhattan, KS 66502
About This Role:
The Department of Architectural Engineering and Construction Science in the College of Engineering is looking for a new faculty member to focus on one or more of the following areas: mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing building systems design.
This is an opportunity for you to join our faculty and share your professional expertise in the building design and construction industry with students. Our faculty take pride in being focused on communicating industry experience and practical knowledge to develop the next generation of professionals. As with all our faculty, the majority of your time will be concentrated on students in the form of classroom instruction, advising, and service.
Why Join Us:
Our department at Kansas State University is one of the nation’s leading engineering programs focused on the design and construction of buildings and building systems. We offer a four-year ABET-accredited B.S. degree in Architectural Engineering, an M.S. degree in Architectural Engineering, and an ACCE-accredited B.S. degree in Construction Science and Management. We also currently have 17 faculty positions, approximately 550 undergraduate and graduate students (see www.ksu.edu/are-cns/).
Our department has a record of success in the following areas:
- Placement of graduates – routinely more employment opportunities than students to fill full-time positions
- Connecting students and employers for summer internships
- Top award recipients in competition teams
- Industry support from alumni and employers in the form of scholarships, endowed chairs, and professorships
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University’s dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A relevant Bachelor degree, along with industry equivalent experience, will be considered for the instructor level. If appointed at the full-time instructor level, the successful candidate will be required to obtain an approved graduate degree within an agreed time frame to be eligible for a tenure-track position. A Master’s degree in Architectural Engineering, or other relevant Engineering program is required for a full-time tenure-track position.
- Demonstrated relevant professional experience as an Engineer, focused in one or more of the areas of mechanical, electrical and plumbing building systems design.
- Have a current professional engineering registration as a P.E. or P.Eng.
- Five or more years of full-time relevant professional experience in the design and/or construction industry using North American standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate project work across multiple areas of building/infrastructure design.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Submit to the following documents as a single PDFto (http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/504739):
1. Cover letter
2. Statement of teaching philosophy
4. Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
Salary is dependent upon qualifications. The University provides Retirement Plan, Medical, Vision, and Dental Plans, and Life Insurance.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670045040 Architectural Engr & Const Sc
Job no: 504739
Work type: Academic / Faculty – 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Applied Sciences, Architecture / Construction, Engineering
Pay Grade: 001
Advertised: 28 Mar 2019 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled